- Duration: 4 years
- Credits: 120 US Credits
- Language: English (online and on campus) and Spanish (online)
On Campus and Online:
- March 25-29: Registration for Summer 2020 Semester
- May 12: Summer Semester starts
- August 15-21: Registration for Fall 2020
- September 7: Fall Semester starts
- December 7-11: Registration for Spring 2021
The Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering aims to prepare students to mature into professionals that have an active role in their chosen field. The program is offered On Line and On Campus. The Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering prepares the graduate for developing and using technologies, as well as being able to design, produce and manage data elaboration systems in a wide range of applications.
At the end of the Computer Engineering Bachelor’s Degree, graduates will have acquired a wide range of fundamental knowledge, especially in the math, information science (computing, electronics, telecommunications) and engineering management fields. By considering the rapid rise in society’s need for information, the student will have developed the capacity to understand and value the working principles of processing systems, both in hardware (system architecture) and software aspects, being able to identify, formulate and resolve the diverse problems by using updated methods, techniques and instruments. The following professional activities are included in the training course for the computer engineer: the design and production of company information systems, the computerizing of public and private agency services through web technology, the development of multimedia and hypermedia systems and, the modeling and control of productive processes and complex systems, the development of computer systems based on the project techniques of HW/SW, the planning of systems based on architectural and network computing.
The graduates in Computer Engineering will find jobs in industries for automations and robotics and public and private firms involved in project, development and management of informatics and telematics systems.
Employment can be find in the following areas:
- Software Applications Planning and Implementing
- Computer Procedures Analysis
- Web Infrastructures Engineering
- Software Engineering and Development
- Networks and Embedded Systems architectural Engineering
- Systems and Networks Administration and Management
- Web Master and Web Designing