- High school diploma/GED/proof of post-secondary education
- Transcripts translated in English/FCE (Foreign Credential Evaluation)
- Copy of valid government-issued ID or passport
- Completed application form
- Updated resume/CV
- Students whose native language is not English must provide evidence of English proficiency.
To verify English proficiency, MIU has the following minimum requirements:
A minimum total score of 57 on the paper-delivered Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), or 61 on the Internet-based Test (iBT); 6.0 on the International English Language Test (IELTS); 44 on the Pearson Test of English Academic Score Report; 95 on the Duolingo English Test; 53 on the 4-skill Michigan English Test (MET), or 650/LP on the Michigan Examination for the Certificate of Competency in English (ECCE), or 650/LP on the Michigan Examination for the Certificate of Proficiency in English (ECPE); or a B-2 English proficiency level, assessed through exams belonging to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
To satisfy this requirement, undergraduate applicants may also present a high school diploma completed at an accredited/recognized high school where the medium of instruction is English.
Tuition & Fees
- Application fee: $50 (US residents), $150 (international students)
- Annual tuition: $7,340
- Per credit: $245
- Graduation fee: $400
- Scholarships available
MIU’s payment plans offer the opportunity to pay tuition fees in monthly installments. Our advisors can help you select the option that best suits your needs and possibilities.
After submitting the signed enrollment agreement, students who cancel this contract in writing using the Change of Status form within seven (7) calendar days will receive a 100% refund of all tuition and fees paid.
Once enrolled, if a student wishes to drop or withdraw from a course or multiple courses, they are required to complete and submit the Change of Status form to the Registrar.
Should a student terminate their enrollment for any reason, all refunds will be made according to the following refund schedule:
- Week 1: Add/drop period (first 7 calendar days of the semester): 100% tuition refunded; No fees refunded.
- Week 2: 75% tuition refunded; no fees refunded.
- Week 3: 50% tuition refunded; no fees refunded.
- Week 4: 25% tuition refunded; no fees refunded.
- After Week 5: 0% tuition refunded; no fees refunded.
For example, if a student withdraws during the third week of their studies, they would receive a refund of 50% of the tuition paid for that semester, as well as a full refund for all credits paid in advance (if applicable).
- Students must notify the university of withdrawal or cancellation in writing using the Change of Status form.
- If a student withdraws from the university, the termination date for refund computation purposes is the last date of actual attendance by the student.
- In the unlikely event that the university is forced to cancel a course due to circumstances beyond its control (natural disasters, etc.) students will receive a full refund for any tuition paid for this course.
- The same refund policy applies for students who are forced to withdraw due to failure to comply with satisfactory academic progress, or for disciplinary reasons.
- The same refund policy applies for students participating in both online and hybrid programs.
- Refunds will be made within 30 days of termination or receipt of cancellation/withdrawal notice.
Every year, MIU’s scholarship program includes many scholarships dedicated to different categories of students, which can be consulted here. Please contact us through the form on the right to apply for a scholarship and contact an admission advisor.
You will be asked to submit the following documentation:
- Completed and signed scholarship application form
- High school diploma and official transcripts in English
- Copy of a valid government-issued identity card or passport
- Updated resume/curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter describing the applicant’s professional and academic goals (optional)
- Intermediate level certificate of preferred language (English or Spanish B2)
How to apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
MIU is dedicated to innovation in learning technologies and methodologies and to advanced research at an international level. MIU’s commitment to excellence and quality inspires programs that prepare students to face global changes and to successfully apply their academic knowledge to real-life situations.
Who is MIU City University Miami?
MIU City University Miami is an American university in Miami that offers accredited online and hybrid bachelor’s and master’s degrees and courses. It is licensed by the Florida Department of Education’s Commission for Independent Education to offer post-secondary education programs and has authority to grant degrees under the laws of the State of Florida. The university is also accredited by ACICS, the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools. MIU City University Miami is part of the Proeduca Group.
Where is MIU City University Miami?
The physical campus and office of the university is located at: 111 NE 1st Street, 6th Floor, Miami, FL 33132, USA. Office hours are from Monday to Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Are courses offered in both English and Spanish?
Yes! Degree programs are offered in English and Spanish, in both online and hybrid formats.