Miami, March 26th, 2020
MIU City University Miami is actively monitoring the COVID-19 global threat and developing a centralized, coordinated response that takes into account federal, state, and local health authority guidelines, as well as the safety, security, and needs of our students and faculty.
Considering the latest news about the COVID-19 pandemic , MIU City University Miami has considered extending the current online temporary modality for on-campus students until the end of the Spring Semester: 26th of April 2020.
For that extension, a formal application has been sent and approved by both the Florida State authority and the accrediting organization.
- All classes will continue being offered live on the platform and will follow the current campus schedule.
- To ensure teacher-to-student and student-to-student interaction, discussion forums will be open for each class and your participation will become mandatory and essential to pass the course.
- The final test and open questions will be offered online. You will be informed about the dates and times of the exams.
- Those students ready for presenting their final capstone project will do it online as well. All these events will take place on the virtual campus.
Please, be aware of the following:
- Your online class attendance is mandatory and will be monitored through the platform.
- The exams will take place on a specific day and time.
Remember that this is a temporary online modality and the regular on-campus classes will be resumed once this state of emergency will be resolved and the state agency allows the institution to reopen.
For any questions or doubts, please refer to the following contacts:
- Academics: Academic Director Prof. Piong, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payments/fees: Financial Director Elba Castanos, email@example.com
- IT/platform issues: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your understanding of the situation and we will try our best not to let it affect your learning experience. However, given the unpredictability of the situation, we will closely monitor any change of event and advise you in a timely manner.
MIU reminds you that your safety and others remain our highest priority.
President, MIU City University Miami