studying on campus in Miami
Quality programs, perfect location
Marconi International University offers excellent academic programs in a bustling, dynamic location. Here are 10 reasons to study on campus at Marconi in Miami:
- A quality education: Marconi offers fully accredited courses that are recognized across the USA.
- An ideal location: With its warm climate and sunny beaches, Miami is a delightful place to live.
- International exposure: You’ll make international contacts and be immersed in a new cultural perspective, gaining first-hand experience in working with diverse groups.
- A cultural paradise: The local festivals, gastronomy, dance, music, film, art, sports, and theatre will keep you entertained and inspired.
- A nature-lover’s heaven: The oceans, rivers, and bays, as well as the subtropical wilderness of the national parks close to Miami, offer endless destinations for exploration.
- Easy to get around: With efficient public transport both above and below ground, you can easily get around Miami without a car.
- Professional and personal development: You’ll leave your comfort zone and develop the courage and agility to manage uncertainty and determine your future.
- An affordable option: An opportunity to gain an American degree and an American student experience at a very affordable price.
- A great destination for visitors: Your family and friends will love to visit you at any time of year.
- Opportunity to travel: From Miami you can travel to the rest of the USA: New York, Chicago, Los Angeles… and to the rest of the world.
on Campus Student Experience
The American educational model is closer to the working world
On-campus classes encourage the active participation of students through critical readings, case studies, and individual research that provoke original reflections and conclusions. Students are continually stimulated by teachers to work individually and in groups, to understand the value of comparison and negotiation and to develop projects, managing and planning the different phases. The lessons are aimed at achieving the objectives set by the course study plan, as well as at specific transversal skills, such as problem-solving, result orientation, time management, sense of responsibility, and flexibility.
Support and guidance from a personal tutor
American universities value timely graduation and that students complete their studies without delay to be able to enter and be competitive in the job market. For this reason, in order to facilitate the achievement of students’ professional and personal goals, Marconi International University introduced tutors as an important reference point for both the online and the on campus programs. The tutor provides a personalized orientation aimed at facilitating the organization and prioritization of the various study and practical activities. In the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate programs, the tutor motivates the students to achieve the objectives within the established time frame and constantly monitors the student’s path, identifying any problems and planning specific intervention activities in collaboration with the teachers.
A personalized program
Students can personalize their program with different specializations. In undergraduate programs, the first year includes a “general education” program which is followed by specialization courses in the subsequent years. In postgraduate programs, different concentrations are offered, directed at specific professional roles. Students have the opportunity to achieved a specialized training in a specific sector or in a certain function and to be more competitive in the job market.
An orientation to success
American universities are very competitive; their prestige depends on the quality of the teaching offered and the success their graduates will have in life. Therefore, teachers always motivate students to learn and pass tests and exams. The professors’ availability transmits trust to students in an environment in which engagement and work are encouraged and where a constructive exchange is fostered. This approach supports students and stimulates them to give their best, building towards their future careers.
The opportunity to work and Optional Practical Training (OPT)
American universities are organically linked to the job market. From the beginning of your degree, you are encouraged to build your professional career and be involved in internships and practical activities. The F1 student visa allows international students to work up to 20 hours per week while they are attending their bachelor’s or master’s program. In addition, after graduation, students with an F1 student visa have the opportunity to obtain an OPT visa that allows them to work in the USA for 1 year, putting the skills acquired during the program into practice. For some sectors, like engineering, mathematics, science, and technology, the OPT can be extended for an additional 17 months.