1.1. What are cookies?
When browsing the Internet, your computer or device occasionally stores residual elements, such as temp files or cookies. Every cookie is unique to your web browser and contains anonymous information, such as an identifier and the name of the webpage, together with some figures and numbers. The user does not provide this information directly, but it is automatically harvested as a means of supporting your visit to the webpage.
These elements are intended to enhance the users’ experience when browsing the web, allowing them to be remembered on subsequent visits, store their preferences or browse more efficiently, swiftly and simply.
1.2. What types of cookies does this webpage use?
Below we provide a link where you can see a detailed list of the cookies that we use on our webpage, stating whether they are ours (those sent to the user’s terminal from a MIU-governed equipment or domain and which provides the services requested by the user) or whether they belong to third parties (those sent to the user’s terminal from a system or domain not managed by MIU, but by another entity that processes data obtained via cookies), together with the purpose of same:
- Necessary Cookies: those that help to make a webpage usable by activating basic functions such as page browsing and access to secure webpage areas. The webpage may not function properly without these cookies.
- Statistical Cookies: Statistical cookies help webpage owners to understand how visitors interact with webpages by aggregating and providing anonymous information.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies enable the website to offer enhanced functionality and customisation. These may be installed by our companies or external providers whose services have been aggregated to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, some of these services may malfunction.
- Advertising Cookies: Marketing cookies are used to track visitors to webpages. These cookies are used to display advertisements that are relevant and appealing to the individual user and are therefore more valuable for the publishers and third-party advertisers.
2. Personal data processing
When accessing the Website, you will see a cookies alert informing you of how you can consent to their installation or otherwise. You may reject or configure how these cookies are used by clicking on the following link
3. Revoking and deleting Cookies
You may, at any time, disable or eliminate any cookies already installed via your browser set-up as used on your device or terminal. Below, we offer you the information pages of the chief Internet browsers for setting up cookies:
- Configuration of Google Chrome cookies
- Configuration of Mozilla Firefox cookies
- Configuration of Internet Explorer cookies
- Configuration of Safari cookies
4. Duration of cookies
Cookies may be differentiated by the time they remain activated on your system:
- Session Cookies: cookies designed to harvest and store data while the user is on a webpage. These are used to store information which is useful only for providing the service request by the user in a single instance.
- Persistent cookies: cookies in which the data continues to be stored on the terminal and can be accessed and processed for the period defined by the cookie owner. This period can range from a few minutes to several years.
To know how long the cookies downloaded to the system are stored, you must access the “Inspector” of the relevant browser. To do so, right click on the page you are visiting in the browser and select “Inspect element”. This will open up an emerging window to divide the existing page. In this new window, the “Storage” section (“Applications – Storage) show the information on all cookies downloaded, including their expiry date and/or duration.
5. Further information
MIU may modify this Cookies Policy in accordance with, among others, reasons such as legal, regulatory requirements or to adapt the policy to the instructions handed down by the Spanish Data Protection Agency, the supervisory authorities governing the Proeduca Group. Users are therefore advised to periodically visit this page to check for any changes. We should also like to inform you that the information on the cookies used on this Website is updated on a monthly basis.